This is something that seems to be a prevalent issue right now... I feel like a broken record, because this has been my advice to so many people recently. I'm not sure if it makes me cold-hearted to hold this viewpoint, but nonetheless, here it is, conveniently on the internet so I can refer people to it rather than repeat myself.
You are a grown up. You can no longer use your parents' mistakes (or what you view as their mistakes), how people treated you in the past/your bad relationships, or even your own past bad decisions for who you are from now on. You are the only one who can change your life, your personality, your reputation, your future. You are solely responsible.
It is not productive to blame other people. It does nothing to help you grow as a person. It doesn't change any of the problems. It only gives you a weak excuse to continue in bad behavior.
Take responsibility. Make a change.
"When I was a child, I made use of a child's language, I had a child's feelings and a child's thoughts: now that I am a man, I have put away the things of a child." ~ 1 Corinthians 13:11
Jun 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment